Since it’s introduction in 2013, over 60,000 revolutionary dissolvalloy™ disintegrating frac balls have been successfully deployed in thousands of horizontal frac completions in the United States and Canada. In each deployment dissolvalloy has shown significantly superior performance over typical conventional plastic and metallic frac balls and established dissolvalloy™’s reputation as the leader of the frac ball revolution.
Dissolvalloy™ is a magnesium-based product, combining with other metal particulates using proprietary nanotechnology, to produce alloys that can withstand greater pressure and temperatures than conventional plastic and metallic iterations. It can also disintegrate more uniformly and be customized to answer specific requirements. It facilitates drilling under more demanding conditions and eliminates retrieval procedures to save significant time and money.
Dissolvalloy™ frac balls totally dissolve more quickly and uniformly than conventional plastic and metallic balls. They dissipate in micro-size particles, reducing risk of damage to tools in the string and eliminating need for retrieval.
Shown below, 2.125” diameter reacting to 3% KCL solution at 200° F. Complete dissolution in less than 48 hours.
- Lighter and stronger than aluminum or plastics
- Withstand pressures up to 15,000 psi. (See Testing)
- Withstand temperatures up to 300 degrees F. (See Testing)
- Customizable to disintegrate in controllable rates down hole, exiting well in micron-size particles. (See testing)
- Eliminates need for physical retrieval and potential damage to other internal wellbore tools.
- Compatible with sliding sleeve, bridge plugs and perf completions
- Every lot of dissolvalloy™ frac balls is tested before shipment
The bottom line: faster, cleaner, more adaptable, safer, more efficient and more profitable production.